sir cut bent in strum ants hacked elect ran ick die vices pro jacks ex pair ah mints i daes etc

3.16.2007

double triple gated oscillators

Taking much inspiration from Peter Vogel and schematics from Nicolas Collins book I built a pretty chaotic sounding mess of wire.


The Hex Schmitt Trigger IC allows you to make 6 simple oscillators on one chip, and when you wire 2 or more outputs together through diodes they start to interact and distort each others signal. I tired to base my design my off of images of yantras but after the first few components were soldered I realized this was not going to be a work of any sort of refinement, skill, or craftsmanship. Its extremely fragile, unstable, and sounds like a hell where the evil electronic appliances from The Brave Little Toaster go when they die.







I originally aimed to make it a self contained device with speakers integrated into the device but the little crappy toy speakers I found couldn't handle the extremely high and low frequency's the thing produced, so I had to add outputs.







audio samples coming soon

No comments: