sir cut bent in strum ants hacked elect ran ick die vices pro jacks ex pair ah mints i daes etc

4.27.2009

Hardware Hacking DVD!

Nic Collins book Handmade Electronic Music is one of the best books I have ever read about hacking electronics and audio art. Simply put, if you want to get into electronics get this book.

At Bent Fest last week, Collins released the 2nd edition of the book, and while I normally hate new editions, this one is fantastic. Tons more projects, more artist references, and new illustrations are among the many changes to the book. In addition there is a DVD which contains 87 one minute videos of artists projects using hacked electronics and I am proud to say that I am in one of those videos! The project I worked on with Dan Wilcox this past summer at interactivos at Eyebeam is on the DVD under "Dan Wilcox: soundMetal." Luckily Dan put it on the youtubes!

Check it out.


And here is a video of NOIS-E, a cardboard circuit I made during that crazy 2 weeks last summer.

No comments: